Led by Abacus NW and NNW Maths Hub
The DfE Mathematics guidance was released last term and the NCETM have since published a new website along with a suite of ‘Ready-to-progress’ resources, including PowerPoints, videos and teaching materials to support planning and teaching in schools.
Join us for a FREE online session exploring the new DfE guidance for primary mathematics and resources from the NCETM that will help as you prioritise your curriculum in the autumn term and beyond. The DfE Mathematics guidance document can be accessed here and would be useful reading material ahead of the webinar.
This (FREE!) Early Years Update session aims to equip teachers and early years staff with the latest information, guidance and research in the world of early maths.
Together, over the course of the session we will:
• explore research materials that are guiding changes in early maths, whilst understanding how these can be applied to our setting.
• Utilise tools to audit the quality of the maths curriculum offered in your early years setting.
• Look at questions from recent Ofsted inspections (both Covid-19 visits and the framework) from schools that have been inspected/visited.
• Examine changes to the Reception ELGs and Development Matters framework, to understand the changes in mathematics.
• Learn more about the work of the Maths Hub and the ongoing that is available to your school throughout the year.
During the current pandemic, this training session will be held live - online, via Zoom. Materials will be uploaded to the Maths Hub website for schools that are unable to attend the live session (however, the event will not be recorded).